December 2, 2009

People You've Never Heard Of

I really enjoy finding new music and conversely sharing new music with others. So I'd like to introduce a new series "People You've Never Heard Of". This week I'll be bringing you two "electro-pop" artists. Tell me what you think of them.



First up is Blood Orange, a electro-pop "one man band" from Brooklyn. The catchy songs have a unique blend of electronic beats and string instruments.
Take a Listen:
"I'm Sorry We Lied"(Demo) Blood Orange [MP3 link]
(Via THE MIXTAPE)




Miike Snow is a new favorite of the music blogosphere. This Swedish pop band has been called a mix of "a-ha meets Animal Collective" by the British paper The Guardian. In addition to making brilliant, fun original pop songs, Miike Snow has remixed everyone from Vampire Weekend to Peter, Bjorn and John.
Here's one of my favorites:
"Black and Blue" Miike Snow [MP3 link]

No comments:

Post a Comment